We respect your integrity and therefore treat personal data in a careful and responsible manner and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In all contexts where personal data may be processed by Svenskt Tenn or by someone else on behalf of Svenskt Tenn, all reasonable and appropriate measures are taken to protect customer information from unauthorized access, dissemination, alteration, and destruction.
Svenskt Tenn processes personal data in the form of names, phone numbers, email addresses, personal identity numbers, card numbers and addresses. Mainly, this is data that you have provided us. We have several different purposes for processing personal data; we process personal data to respond to inquiries, send out invitations and to provide news. We also need to process personal data in in conjunction with in-store purchases, primarily in order to process your payment. Furthermore, we collect cookies when our website is visited. We also have camera surveillance in our store at Strandvägen 5, Stockholm and are therefore temporarily storing personal data in the form of camera pictures. Lastly, we process personal data to handle the business relationship between Svenskt Tenn and our suppliers, corporate customers and partners.
The legal basis for our processing of your personal data is, with regards to answering requests and sending out invitations, that we have a legitimate interest in being able to respond to inquiries, manage table reservations and to send out invitations for events. Regarding the newsletter and the cookies used to improve user experience, the basis for processing your personal data is consent. For corporate clients, the basis for processing personal data in connection with in-store purchases is the fulfilment of an agreement or the legitimate interest. If you are a corporate client, Svenskt Tenn will process your personal data in order to satisfy its legitimate interest in fulfilling the purchase agreement with the company. Regarding the cookies that are necessary for the functioning of our website and information, we require in order to handle the business relationship between Svenskt Tenn’s partners, the legal basis is legitimate interest. The data will be stored as long as we have a legal basis for the storage. The legal ground for our camera surveillance is that we have a legitimate interest in surveying in order to ensure a safe environment for customers and employees in the store. Svenskt Tenn will only look at the camera pictures in case there is suspected crime. The pictures are deleted within four weeks.
As a customer at Svenskt Tenn, you are entitled to several rights regarding your personal data.
- You have the right to access your personal data at any time. Upon request, we will provide a digital copy of your personal data.
- You have the right to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- You have, under certain circumstances, the right to request us to delete your personal data. Please note that this right is not unconditional.
- You have the right to object to certain processing activities, such as the processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- You have, under certain circumstances, the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data. Please note that this right is not unconditional.
- You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in Sweden, which currently is Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten.
You also have the right to contact Datainspektionen if you have opinions regarding how the personal data is stored. We will not disclose your information to any third party except when that third party is a company working on behalf of Svenskt Tenn and such disclosure is necessary for the above purposes. Your personal information will not be shared with third parties, transferred to non-EU countries, or be processed for any purpose other than those listed above, as long as such action is not required by law or public authority.
If you wish to contact Svenskt Tenn by reason of the way that we handle your personal data, you are welcome to do so at firstname.lastname@example.org.